Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat a knob of butter in a large pot over a medium-high heat. Add the kale with a teaspoon of water and steam for five minutes until tender. Drain well and chop finely.
- Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion for 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Add the celery and carrot and cook for five minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute, then remove the mixture from the heat and set aside.
- Place the chestnuts into a large bowl and crush roughly with a potato masher. Add the kale, quinoa, onion mixture, salt, cashews, hazelnuts, rosemary, thyme and Cheddar. Add one egg and mix to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle about ¼cm thick.
- Place the nut roast mixture widthways in the centre of the sheet of pastry. Cut strips in the pastry at 2cm intervals, running from the edge of the filling to the pastry edges. Fold the two ends of the pastry rectangles up over the filling, then bring the strips of pastry over the top in alternating, overlapping layers. Transfer to a baking tray.
- Beat the remaining egg with one tablespoon of water and brush over the top. Roast for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Per Serving 440kcals, 26.9g fat (6.2g saturated), 40.4g carbs, 2.1g sugars, 11.9g protein, 3.5g fibre, 0.483g sodium
ChristmasDinnerFreezer-friendlyMeat-freeSpecial OccasionsSunday roastDinner partyBudget mealsVegetarian
Popular in Christmas
Mini veggie mushroom Wellingtons