For the sriracha mayo:
4 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp sriracha hot sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
For the fritters:
2 extra-large eggs
1½ tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
120g plain flour
½ a head of cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, peeled and grated
3 spring onions, sliced
Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sriracha and lemon juice. Stir to combine well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, soy sauce and sesame oil until smooth. Add the flour a few tablespoons at a time, whisking together constantly, until it forms a thick, smooth batter.
- Add the cabbage, carrot and spring onions to the batter. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Heat a drizzzle of oil in a non-stick or cast iron pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add a ladleful of the batter mixture. Press it down into the hot pan to form a circle, about 1cm thick, and cover with a lid. Cook for 3-5 minutes until golden brown on the bottom, then flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a warmed plate and cover with tin foil. Keep warm while you cook the remaining batter, adding more oil to the pan when necessary.
- Drizzle with the sriracha mayonnaise and scatter over some sliced spring onions.
- Serve with stir-fried mangetout and extra sriracha mayo on the side.
Per serving: 623kcals, 35.9g fat (6.8g saturated), 62.1g carbohydrates, 11.2g sugars, 15.2g protein, 7.7g fibre, 1.124g sodium
TOP TIP: If making these for children, serve without the spicy sauce.