Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the biscuits:
For the filling:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and the sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until just incorporated. Sift in the flour and mix well. Use your hands to gather the mixture together to form a ball. Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or until firm.
- Remove the chilled dough and place on a floured surface. Roll the dough to about 5mm thick. Using a fluted round cutter cut out the biscuits, then use a small flower-shaped cutter to cut out the centres of half of the biscuits. Place the biscuits onto a lined tray, leaving space between the biscuits as they can spread slightly once baked.
- Put the trays of biscuits into the fridge for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the biscuits are a pale golden brown colour. Remove from the oven and leave them until completely cooled.
- Once cooled, take one of the plain biscuits and spread over a heaped teaspoon of jam. Stick on one of the biscuits with the flower in the centre on top.
Per biscuit (per serving): 161kcals, 4.4g fat (2.7g saturated), 29g carbs (8.8g sugars), 1.4g protein, 0.3g fibre, 0.033g sodium
Biscuits & cookiesIrishSweet thingsMother’s DaySpecial OccasionsCuisinesAfternoon teaBakingVegetarian
Popular in Biscuits & cookies