300g self-raising flour
230g caster sugar
80ml vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 tsp raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Sift the flour and 130g of the sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the oil, egg, buttermilk and vanilla in a separate bowl. Gradually stir into the flour mixture until just combined.
- Place a teaspoonful of the mixture into each muffin hole and make an indent in the centres. Fill each indent with some of the jam.
- Cover the jam with the remaining batter mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Meanwhile, melt the butter and, when the muffins are cool enough to handle, brush each with the melted butter and roll in the extra caster sugar.
Per serving: 294kcals, 13.7g fat (5.7g saturated), 40.1g carbs, 20.8g sugars, 3.7g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.07g sodium