1 tbsp coconut oil
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 3cm piece of ginger, finely grated
1 heaped tsp turmeric
1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
2 tsp garam masala
½ tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp curry powder
1 small sweet potato, peeled and chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 x 400g tin of young jackfruit in water, drained and rinsed, then left in a colander to drain any excess liquid
1 x 400g tin of coconut milk
Salt and black pepper
150g green beans, trimmed and halved
Fresh coriander, chopped Rice and/or naan bread
- Heat the oil in a pot over a medium heat and cook the onion for 6-8 minutes until soft and golden.
- Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, mustard seeds, garam masala, cumin seeds and curry powder. Cook for one minute until fragrant, adding an extra tablespoon of coconut oil if needed.
- Stir in the sweet potato, red pepper and the tin of tomatoes. Fill the tin about one- quarter full with water and give it a swirl, then add to the pan and stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are almost tender.
- Cut the jackfruit into bite-sized pieces and then add them to the sauce.
- Stir in the coconut milk and add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for five minutes or until the jackfruit is hot, the sweet potatoes are soft and the sauce is thick. Stir in the green beans and cook for five minutes.
- Top with fresh coriander and serve with rice and/or naan bread.
Per serving 486kcals, 29.1g fat (24.4g saturated), 58.2g carbs (12.8g sugars), 8.3g protein, 10.9g fibre, 0.09g sodium