Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the turkey meatballs
For the soup
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/ gas mark 5.
- In a large bowl, mix all the meatball ingredients together until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls, about one inch in diameter, and place on a parchment-lined baking tray. Lightly brush the meatballs with oil.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the meatballs are lightly browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, and celery and cook for about eight minutes, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are softened. Add the chicken stock, wine, bay leaf, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes, uncovered at a gentle boil, until the pasta is al dente.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to low and add the spinach and meatballs. Simmer for a few minutes, until the spinach is wilted and the meatballs are warmed through.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with grated Parmesan.
Per serving 345kcals, 15.8g fat (3.5g saturated), 24.6g carbs, 3.2g sugars, 27.8g protein, 3.7g fibre, 1.492g sodium
ItalianDinnerFreezer-friendlySoupDiabetic-friendlyLow-fatHigh-proteinFamily mealsCuisinesBudget mealsComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Italian
Spaghetti with lemon and chilli crabmeat