115g butter, cubed, plus extra for greasing
60g dark chocolate, chopped
60g cocoa powder
250g Siúcra Granulated Sugar
Pinch of salt
1 egg, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
120ml Irish stout
125g plain flour
175g dark chocolate chips
For the topping:
120g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line a 20cm baking tin with parchment paper and grease lightly with butter.
- Set a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not sit in the water. Add the butter and dark chocolate and allow to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the cocoa, sugar and salt. Beat in the egg and vanilla, then beat in the Irish stout until well combined. Whisk in the flour until incorporated, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared cake tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean (it’s ok if there are a few crumbs but you do not want wet batter). Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Once cool, make the glaze. Set a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not sit in the water. Melt together the butter and dark chocolate, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Allwo to cool slightly.
- Spread the glaze over the top of the brownies. Allow to cool, then place in the fridge for 30-40 minutes until fully set. Cut the tray into 16 portions.
Per Serving: 293kcals, 14.8g fat (9.7g saturated), 37.6g carbs (27.2g sugars), 3.6g protein, 2.1g fibre, 0.086g sodium
This recipe is sponsored by Siúcra