30g plain flour
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
120ml Irish porter or other dark beer
180ml double cream
150g Irish white Cheddar, grated
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
4 x Inisvale Rib Eye Steaks
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium-low heat, then whisk in the flour. Cook for two minutes, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in the mustard and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Pour in the beer and whisk until smooth. Pour in the cream and keep whisking until well combined and smooth.
- Gradually add the grated cheese, stirring constantly, until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth. Season to taste and keep warm over a low heat, stirring often.
- Preheat the grill to a high heat and line a large baking tray with tin foil.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a high heat until the pan is very hot. Season the steaks with salt and pepper, then sear for 2-3 minutes per side or until just cooked to your liking.
- Transfer the steaks to the prepared baking tray and spread each one with one quarter of the cheese mixture. Place under the hot grill for 2-3 minutes or until it is just golden brown and bubbling.
Per serving: 584kcals, 46g fat (22.5g saturated), 6.8g carbs (0.5g sugars), 30.9g protein, 0.2g fibre, 0.472g sodium