700g ripe plums, peeled, pitted and chopped
70g golden caster sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
180g plain our
90g cold butter, chopped, plus extra for greasing
80g Demerara sugar
Cream, ice cream or custard
- Preheat the oven to 190 ̊C/170 ̊C fan/
gas mark 5. Lightly grease four ovenproof ramekins with butter.
- Place the chopped plums in a saucepan and add the caster sugar and ginger. Cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes until the fruit starts to soften. Add the blackberries, balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt. Bring back to the boil, then remove from the heat. Divide amongst the prepared ramekins.
- Place the flour, butter and a pinch of salt in a large bowl and rub together with your fingers until the mixture resembles crumbs. Stir in the oats and Demerara sugar.
- Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the cooked fruit.
- Bake the crumbles for 20-25 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, then serve with cream, ice cream or custard.
Per Serving: 610kcals, 20.3g fat (11.8g saturated), 102.4g carbs (52.5g sugars), 8.6g protein, 7.6g fibre, 0.138g sodium