Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place the chicken thighs in a casserole dish and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, discard the bones and chop the meat into chunks. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the chilli flakes and Sichuan peppercorns and stir-fry for one minute. Add the garlic, ginger and the whites of the spring onions and cook for 30-40 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and peppers and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. In a small jug, whisk together the cooking wine, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil and soy sauce. Add to the pan and mix well.
- Add the chicken stock and the cornflour slurry and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Serve over rice, garnished with the greens of the spring onions and some sesame seeds.
Per Serving: 455kcals, 21.4g fat (5g saturated), 16.7g carbs (4.7g sugars), 46.6g protein, 2.6g fibre, 0.994g sodium
ChickenDairy-freeDinnerLow sugarDiabetic-friendlyChineseLow carb30-minute mealsLow-fatHigh-proteinFamily mealsCuisinesQuick and easyBudget mealsMake it Healthy
Popular in Chicken
Peanut chicken salad