Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the salsa
For the spicy tomato sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients for the salsa. Stir to combine, then set the bowl aside for later.
- Get a large frying pan on a high heat and add half of the olive oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, peppers, fresh chillies and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Cook for 15 minutes, or until softened and caramelised, stirring regularly.
- Add the cumin and smoked paprika.
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes, using a spoon or potato masher to break them up. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Add the fresh tomatoes and cook for a further five minutes to reduce the sauce.
- When you’ve got a nice thick consistency, have a taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed. If you would like it hotter, you could add dried chilli flakes.
- Place a pan over a medium heat and warm each tortilla individually, flipping as necessary. Spread the spicy tomato mixture over each tortilla and place each tortilla on an individual plate.
- In the same pan over a medium heat, warm the remaining oil and the chilli flakes. Carefully crack an egg into the pan without breaking the yolk. Fry the egg, lifting and tilting the pan occasionally to redistribute the oil, until the whites are set and the yolk is cooked to your preference. Place the fried egg on top of a prepared tortilla and repeat with the remaining eggs.
- Spoon the salsa across each dish. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and add any additional garnishes you might like. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 270kcals, 15.9g fat (2.8g saturated), 22.4g carbs, 8.6g sugars, 13.7g protein, 5.8g fibre, 0.479g sodium
EggsGluten-freeDairy-freeFreezer-friendlyDiabetic-friendlyBreakfast & BrunchLow-fatMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Eggs
One-tray brunch bake