For the cupcakes:
125g unsalted butter, softened
75g caster sugar
75g light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
200g self-raising flour
125g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), melted
For the marshmallow buttercream:
300g icing sugar
150g unslated butter
200g marshmallow fluff, softened
2 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/ gas mark 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add the vanilla, flour, milk and melted chocolate and beat until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- For the icing, beat together the icing sugar and butter until smooth. Add the marshmallow fluff and milk and beat again until smooth.
- Add the icing to a piping bag fitted with a large star-shaped nozzle.
- Pipe a tall swirl of buttercream onto each cupcake. Decorate with some mini marshmallows and grated chocolate.
Per serving: 508kcals, 23.9g fat (14.6g saturated), 70.6g carbs (50.4g sugars), 4g protein, 1.2g fibre, 0.161g sodium