Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Cook the bacon in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat until crisp. Remove to a plate lined with kitchen paper, leaving the cooking fat in the pan.
- Leave the bacon to cool, then crumble into small pieces.
- Cook the onions, salt and brown sugar in the pan over a medium-low heat for 30 minutes until the onions are soft and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Preheat oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Pour the wine into the pan, using a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom. Cook until wine reduces by about half, then stir in the thyme. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the Gruyere, Cheddar, sour cream and mayonnaise in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the caramelised onions and bacon bits.
- Transfer the dip to a baking dish and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly and golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot spread over Nairns Rosemary and Sea Salt Flatbreads.
305kcals, 20g fat (9.4g saturated), 14.4g carbs (2.5g sugars), 16.1g protein, 1.6g fibre, 0.714g sodium
Popular in Dips
Hummus with gomasio