185g instant rice
2 chicken fillets, sliced
2 tbsp cornflour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 small head of broccoli, shopped into florets
100g mangetout, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
80g cashew nuts
1 tbsp rice vinegar
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp Sriracha
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions, omitting salt and fat.
- Combine the chicken and the next three ingredients in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Heat the oils in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for four minutes or until browned.
- Increase the heat to high and add the broccoli, mangetout, garlic, onion and red pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for five minutes or until the vegetables are slightly tender and the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the cashews.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients in a small bowl, then stir into the pan until coated. Serve with the rice.
Per serving: 619kcals, 23.5g fat (4.7g saturated), 71.5g carbs, 17.4g sugars, 31.9g protein, 5.1g fibre, 0.563g sodium
Recipe courtesy of Gráinne Gallagher