Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the cucumber salad:
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the hoisin sauce and Sriracha. Brush the steak with the hoisin mixture and cook on the griddle pan for 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove to a plate, tent loosely with tin foil and allow to rest.
- For the salad, use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds from the cucumber and slice into thick diagonal chunks. Place the cucumber in a bowl and sprinkle with the sugar, the rice wine vinegar and a large pinch of salt. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, fresh ginger, garlic cloves, red chilli, spring onions and fresh coriander. Drain the cucumber and stir into the salad ingredients. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
- Slice the steak thinly against the grain. Serve with the rice and cucumber salad.
Note: chilli-garlic hot sauce can be used as an alternative to Sriracha, if you wish.
860kcals, 30.7g fat (8.8g saturated), 84.7g carbs, 9.3g sugars, 58.2g protein, 4.8g fibre, 1.406g sodium