120ml hoisin sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari , for gluten-free)
1 tbsp cornflour
8kg chicken drumsticks
- Preheat the oven to 240˚C/220˚C fan/gas mark 9. Line two large baking trays with tin foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, brown sugar and soy sauce. Reserve two tablespoons of the sauce for glazing later and set aside.
- Stir the flour into the remaining sauce. Add the drumsticks and stir until they are all coated.
- Arrange the drumsticks on the prepared baking trays and bake for 25-30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, swapping the trays halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and baste with the remaining glaze.
- Serve with homemade chips or wedges.
Per serving: 579kcals, 17.9g fat (4.7g saturated), 15.3g carbs, 10.4g sugars, 83.6g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.891g sodium