For the chicken skewers:
4 tbsp olive oil
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt and black pepper
4 chicken fillets, chopped into bitesized chunks
For the quinoa salad:
480ml chicken or vegetable stock
300g frozen petits pois
120g Feta, crumbled
1 red onion, thinly sliced
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
- In a sealable bag, combine the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, herbs and some salt and pepper. Add the chicken, then close the bag, pushing all of the air out. Set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the quinoa in a sieve and rinse under running water, then drain well. Transfer the quinoa to a saucepan and add the stock.
- Bring to a boil over a medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water.
- Remove from the heat, cover with a lid and let the quinoa steam for five minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Place the petits pois in a bowl or jug and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for two minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
- When cool, combine the quinoa with the peas, Feta, red onion and parsley. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and some seasoning, then drizzle the dressing over the quinoa salad. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes if wooden).
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the chicken skewers for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown and completely cooked throughout. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest for five minutes. Serve the chicken with the quinoa salad.
Per Serving 699kcals, 33.8g fat (9.8g saturated), 44.3g carbs (6.6g sugars), 54.3g protein, 8.5g fibre, 0.94g sodium