½ tsp dried sage
1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
4 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
Salt and black pepper
520g pork loin chops
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp olive oil
350g potatoes, peeled and
1 eating apple, peeled and
Knob of butter
½ tbsp milk
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the sage, fennel seeds, breadcrumbs and some salt and pepper.
- Brush the pork all over with the mustard, then dip in the breadcrumb mix to coat.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium/low heat and cook the pork for 5-6 minutes per side until golden, crisp and cooked through. Cover and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the potatoes and apple in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, then mash with the butter and milk and season to taste.
- Serve the pork with the apple mash and green vegetables.
Per serving: 598kcals, 39.1g fat (14.2g saturated), 23.7g carbs (7g sugars), 31.5g protein, 3.9g Fibre, 0.196g sodium