150g dates, pitted
100g vegan butter, softened
3 tbsp maple syrup
150g porridge oats
60g cashews, toasted and chopped
3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment paper.
- Place the dates in a food processor and whizz until they are finely chopped and sticking together in clumps. Add the softened butter and the maple syrup and whizz to form a paste.
- Place the oats, cashews, pumpkin seeds and raisins in a large bowl. Add the date mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and press down until the surface is smooth.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Use a knife to portion up the flapjacks while still warm, then leave in the tin until cool.
- Serve or store in an airtight container.
Per serving: 259kcals, 12.9g fat (3.1g saturated), 34.2g carbs (18.3g sugars), 4.2g protein, 3.3g fibre, 0.083g sodium