120g wholemeal flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp salt
60g butter, at room temperature
60ml vegetable oil
60g caster sugar
60g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
250g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Add the oats to a food processor and blitz until finely ground. Add to a medium bowl with the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Beat the butter, oil and sugars in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat again.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients on a low speed until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by heaped teaspoonfuls, spaced well apart, onto two baking trays.
- Bake the trays for 11-15 minutes, rotating the trays halfway through, until the cookies are golden brown and firm around the edges.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes on the baking trays, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Per Serving 299kcals, 15.7g fat (7.2g saturated), 39g carbs, 21.2g sugars, 4.9g protein, 4.9g fibre, 0.139g sodium