Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. In a bowl, whisk together the melted butter, olive oil and some salt and pepper. Brush the bottom of a baking dish with a little of this mixture and then set the rest aside.
- Slice the potatoes cross-wise into thin and even slices using either a mandolin or a very sharp knife.
- Arrange the potato slices vertically in the prepared dish, packing them in quite tightly. Wedge the chopped onions and garlic in between the potatoes. Brush with the butter mixture, reserving about four tablespoons.
- Bake, uncovered, for one hour. Brush over the reserved butter mixture and continue baking for another 30 minutes until the top is lightly browned. If it starts browning too quickly, cover loosely with foil.
- Sprinkle the top with the herbs and Parmesan and bake for another 6-8 minutes until the cheese is golden and melted. Serve immediately.
Note: Vegetarian cheese can be used as an alternative to Parmesan cheese, if you wish.
Per serving: 224kcals, 9.8g fat (4.1g saturated), 30.5g carbs, 2.6g sugars, 5.3g protein, 4.8g fibre, 0.213g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
To make this dairy-free, omit the Parmesan (or substitute for nutritional yeast) and replace the melted butter with 80ml olive oil.
Gluten-freeDairy-freeChristmasDinnerEasterDiabetic-friendlyLow-fatSpecial OccasionsFamily mealsSunday roastDinner partyBudget mealsMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Gluten-free
Harissa chicken thighs