Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Once smooth, add the eggs and vanilla, and beat well.
- Add the flour mixture, a little at a time. Mix until the dough is smooth, and the flour is fully incorporated.
- Separate your dough into two equal parts. Colour one of the portions of dough orange, and one black.
- Once the dough is tinted to the desired colour, form it into a ball, then flatten it into a patty and then reshape the edges to form a rectangle.
- Wrap each flattened rectangle in cling film and allow the dough to firm up in the fridge for two hours.
- Roll each ball of dough to a quarter inch thick and stack them on top of each other. Trim the edges so they are nice and neat.
- Roll the dough into a log, wrap it in cling film and chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan/ Gas mark 4.
- Cut the log of dough into a half inch thick cookies and place the rounds on a parchment lined baking tray – approximately two inches apart. The thinner the blade used to slice them, the better. A thick blade will squish the dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until no longer shiny on top.
Per serving: 220 kcals, 10.4g fat (6.4g saturated), 29g carbs (15.2g sugars), 2.6g protein, 0.5g fibre, 0.077g sodium.
Popular in Biscuits & cookies
Gingerbread sandwich cookies