60g unsalted butter
60ml Irish whiskey
100g brown sugar
4 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
1 tsp Oriel Teeling Whiskey Smoked Irish Sea Salt
Oriel Teeling Whiskey Smoked Irish Sea Salt
- Place the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat and allow to melt. It will foam up and turn a pale yellow colour, then the milk solids will turn brown. Once the butter is browned, remove the pan from the heat.
- Very carefully, pour in the whiskey from arm’s length, as it will cause the brown butter to foam up and spatter.
- Add the sugar and return the pan to the heat. Stir together, then turn the heat to medium-high. Allow the sugar to dissolve and let the sauce boil for five minutes.
- Stir in the Oriel Teeling Whiskey Smoked Irish Sea Salt. Turn the heat under the pan to low and keep the sauce warm.
- Heat a large griddle pan over a medium-high heat.
- Dip the halved peaches, cut side-down, into the sauce for a few seconds to coat the cut surfaces. Transfer the peaches to the griddle pan, cut side-down, and cook for 2-3 minutes until caramelised. Flip over and cook for another 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Transfer the peaches to serving bowls and drizzle some whiskey brown butter sauce into the hollow of each peach half. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to each bowl, drizzling everything with the whiskey brown butter sauce. Add an extra pinch of smoked salt to each portion and serve with extra sauce on the side.
Per serving: 434kcals, 19.6g fat (12.2g saturated), 54.5g carbs (52.3g sugars), 3.9g protein, 2.8g fibre, 0.54g sodium
If the weather permits, you can cook the peaches on the barbecue.