Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the crust:
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and icing sugar for the crust into a large mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until crumbly. Stir in the water until it just comes together as a dough. Shape into a disc, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use it to line a 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Line with parchment paper and fill with baking beans or rice and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the beans or rice and the paper, then bake for another five minutes.
- Beat the eggs and sugar for a few minutes until pale and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla and the melted butter, then fold in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Scatter the walnuts and chopped chocolate over the top and bake for 30 minutes until the edges are firm and the centre is slightly soft.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream.
Per serving: 594kcals, 35.2g fat (19.6g saturated), 68.3g carbs, 43.2g sugars, 8.9g protein, 4.1g fibre, 0.221g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Passionfruit meringue gateaux