3 heads of pak choi, trimmed
250g jasmine rice
4 chicken fillets, sliced into strips
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
For the sauce:
Juice of 2 limes
3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp honey
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp water
1⁄2 tsp chilli flakes
Handful of sesame seeds
2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add a pinch of salt.
- Add the pak choi and blanch for 10-12 seconds, then transfer to a bowl of iced water using a slotted spoon.
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Pat the chicken pieces dry with kitchen paper and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side until golden and completely cooked throughout. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pan used for the chicken. Cook over a medium heat for one minute. Add the sauce and warm through for two minutes.
- Toss the noodles in the sauce to coat, then divide amongst serving bowls. Add the pak choi to the pan and cook for two minutes until heated through but still crunchy.
- Top the noodles with the chicken and pak choi. Scatter each portion with a generous pinch of sesame seeds, some spring onions and some chilli flakes, if desired.
490kcals, 11.8g fat (1.4g saturated), 60.2g carbs (3.9g sugars), 35.6g protein, 4.8g fibre, 0.697g sodium