20g unsweetened cocoa powder
180g gluten-free flour mix
½ tsp xanthan gum
1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
¾ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
2 large eggs
180ml warm water
3 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the icing:
225g unsalted butter, at room temperature
150g icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
115g dark chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
1 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the cocoa powder, flour, xanthan gum, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the eggs, warm water, buttermilk, oil and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine until the batter is smooth.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups to two-thirds full. Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops of the cupcakes spring back when touched. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and icing sugar together for one minute until well combined. Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the melted, cooled chocolate and beat until smooth. Add the Nutella and beat until well combined. Pipe the icing onto the cooled cupcakes and enjoy!
245kcals, 12.6g fat (7.4g saturated), 31.4g carbs, 24.1g sugars, 2.1g protein, 0.8g fibre, 0.234g sodium
Stil hungry for more? Try this no-bake Nutella cheesecake…