250g gluten-free bread, cubed
80g hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
120g chocolate, chopped
60g light brown sugar
6 large eggs
870ml fresh milk
- Thoroughly grease a large loaf pan and scatter half of the bread cubes in the bottom of the dish. Scatter over half of the hazelnuts, chocolate and brown sugar.
- Repeat the layers until all of the dry ingredients are used.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk, then slowly pour into the dish. Set aside for 20 minutes, occasionally pressing down the bread with the back of a spoon.
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C/140˚C fan/gas mark 3.
- Set the baking dish in a larger pan. Transfer to the oven and add enough hot water to the larger pan to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 90 minutes.
- The pudding should be slightly soft in the centre and crisp on top. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 245kcals, 13.6g fat (4.5g saturated), 25g carbs, 16g sugars, 7.9g protein, 2.1g fibre, 0.158g sodium
Want more sweet gluten-free ideas? Try this chocolate and blueberry cake…