Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the topping:
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C/150˚C fan/gas mark 3. Grease and line a round 23cm cake tin.
- Remove the dates from their water and place in a food processor. Whizz into a rough paste. Add the vanilla, nutmeg, baking powder, coconut oil and cocoa and process until well combined.
- Add the eggs and half of the blueberries. Process until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and fold through the almond meal, broken chocolate and remaining blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Whip the mascarpone, zest and honey together until well combined.
- Spread the mascarpone evenly over the top of the cake and top with the blueberries.
Per serving: 494kcals, 30.8g fat (13.8g saturated), 47g carbs, 34g sugars, 14.8g protein, 7.7g fibre, 0.177g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Chai tea cake