Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the salted caramel sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Lightly grease six 250ml pudding moulds or ovenproof dishes with melted butter. Line the bases with parchment paper.
- Place a saucepan over a low heat and add the brown sugar, butter, treacle, ginger and mixed spice. Cook gently until the sugar dissolves, then simmer for another 3-4 minutes or until smooth and glossy. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for five minutes.
- Whisk the milk and eggs into the butter mixture until well combined. In a small bowl, combine the bicarbonate of soda and warm water and stir. Add this into the butter mixture. Sift over the flour and stir to combine. Stir in the raisins.
- Divide the mixture among the prepared pudding moulds. Cover each pudding with a layer of non-stick baking paper, then a layer of foil. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of each pudding comes out clean. Allow to cool in the moulds for five minutes before turning out onto serving plates.
- Meanwhile, heat the caster sugar in a non-stick pan over a low heat. Heat for about 10 minutes, shaking the pan often but not stirring, until the sugar dissolves and turns a dark golden colour. Set aside for 1-2 minutes until the bubbles subside, then add the cream. Stir gently over a low heat for 10-12 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in the salt.
- Drizzle the sauce over the puddings and serve with ice cream.
Per serving: 706kcals, 21.7g fat (13g saturated), 125.7g carbs, 87.5g sugars, 8.1g protein, 2.2g fibre, 1.026g sodium
Popular in Cakes
Passionfruit meringue gateaux