Makes 12-15 biscuits
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line 2-3 baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
- Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger into a bowl. Stir in the sugar and stem ginger.
- In a small saucepan over a medium heat, gently melt the butter and golden syrup together. Remove from the heat once melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the butter mixture. Stir until the mixture comes together to form a soft dough.
- Use your hands to gather the mixture together to form a ball. Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Roll tablespoon-sized pieces of dough into balls and place well apart on the prepared trays, then flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden and cracked on top.
- Leave to firm up on the trays for 10 minutes, then allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Per Serving: 70kcals, 2.8g fat (1.7g saturated), 10.9g carbs (5.6g sugars), 0.8g protein, 0.2g fibre, 0.104g sodium
Popular in Biscuits & cookies