Makes around 35
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and treacle.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, ginger, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add the dry mixture to the butter mixture and beat to combine well. Roll into 3cm balls.
- Pour a little caster sugar into a small shallow bowl and roll the balls in the sugar, to coat.
- Place the balls on large, un-greased baking trays, spaced 5cm apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown, working in batches if necessary. Transfer to wire racks and allow to cool.
Per Serving: 95kcals, 4.2g fat (2.6g saturated), 13.6g carbs (7g sugars), 1.1g protein, 0.3g fibre, 0.07g sodium
Popular in Biscuits & cookies