Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place the mushrooms, onions and garlic in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the mushroom mixture and sauté for 8-10 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated and the mix is fairly dry. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Lay out the sheet of puff pastry on a chopping board. Spread with the Dijon mustard and lay over the slices of ham. Top with the cooled mushroom mixture and finally the sausage meat.
- Brush egg wash around the edges of the pastry, then fold over to cover the filling completely. Crimp the edges to seal well.
- Score the top with a sharp knife. Brush all over with egg wash. Transfer to a baking tray and place in the hot oven to bake for 45 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the sausage meat is completely cooked through. Allow to cool slightly, then slice and serve.
Popular in Irish
Lemon sole with dillisk butter