1 small onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
340g quinoa, uncooked
950ml chicken stock
1 tsp oregano, dried
1 tsp paprika
3 tbsp tomato purée
Salt and black pepper
450g raw prawns, deveined and peeled
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
Juice of ½ a lemon
Fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt half of the butter in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minute. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the uncooked quinoa and stir to combine. Cook for one minute, then add the chicken stock. Bring the mixture to the boil, then turn the heat to low.
- Add the oregano, paprika, tomato purée and some salt and black pepper. Stir to combine, then cover and allow to simmer for 15-18 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove the lid, add the prawns and stir everything together. Replace the lid and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the prawns are pink and cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Melt the remaining butter in a jug in the microwave, then stir in the chilli flakes. Drizzle the chilli butter over the prawns and quinoa. Squeeze the lemon juice over the top, garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Per serving: 642kcals, 26.1g fat (12.9g saturated), 62.6g carbs, 3g sugars, 39.5g protein, 7.3g fibre, 1.227g sodium