3kg rib of beef
120ml olive oil
5 garlic cloves
A handful of fresh parsley
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
2 tbsp English mustard powder
Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and place the rib of beef in a roasting tin, fat-side up.
- Whizz together the remaining ingredients in a food processor (or crush together very thoroughly in a pestle and mortar) until everything is well combined.
- Spread all over the beef until covered.
- Roast in the oven for 1½-2 hours, basting occasionally, until a meat thermometer registers the internal temperature at 50˚C for medium-rare (or until cooked to your liking).
- Transfer the beef to a board, tent loosely with tin foil and allow to rest for 20 minutes before carving and serving.
831kcals, 74.9g fat (27.9g saturated), 1.9g carbs, 1.8g sugars, 41.9g protein, 0.8g fibre, 1.131g sodium