Makes around 18
1kg baby potatoes
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and black pepper
4 streaky bacon rashers
150g sour cream
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
120g Cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 190 ̊C/170 ̊C fan/gas mark 5.
- Rub the potatoes with two tablespoons of the olive oil and prick each one once or twice with a fork. Toss with some salt and black pepper, then spread out on a baking tray and bake for one hour.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and cook the rashers for 4-5 minutes per side until golden and crisp. Allow to cool, then chop or crumble into small pieces.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, cut a small cross in the top of each potato and pinch the base to open the top out a little.
- To each potato, add one teaspoon of sour cream, some crumbled crispy bacon, a pinch of grated Cheddar, some black pepper and a sprinkling of chives. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 98kcals, 5.8g fat (2.2g saturated), 7.4g carbs (0.1g sugars), 4.6g protein, 1.4g fibre, 0.147g sodium