Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a food processor, working in batches, pulse the cauliflower into rice-sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan or wok over a medium-high heat. Cook the carrots and onion for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic, ginger, and broccoli. Cook for 3-4 minutes longer until the vegetables have softened.
- Push the vegetables over to one side of the pan. Crack the eggs into the empty space and cook through, scrambling with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the peas, corn, spring onions, cauliflower “rice,” tamari and sesame oil. Cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes, then serve.
358kcals, 13.6g fat, (2.6g saturated), 47.5g carbs, 15.2g sugars, 18.7g protein, 13.3g fibre, 0.871g sodium
Easy ways to up your fibre intake
• Ensure you get your five portions of fruit and vegetables daily.
• Focus on whole grains and make processed grains a rare exception. Choose wholegrain versions of gluten-free bread and pasta, brown rice, gluten-free oats and other naturally coeliac-friendly grains such as quinoa and buckwheat.
• Include fibre-rich legumes such as kidney beans, lentils, peas and chickpeas in your diet.
• Add extra vegetables wherever possible: it’s always easy to up the amount you include in curries, pasta dishes, stews, bakes, chillies, lasagne and plenty of other dinners.