For the honey harissa drizzle:
140g plain Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp harissa paste
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp lemon juice
Salt and black pepper
For the fried halloumi:
4 tbsp plain flour
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp turmeric
2 x 225g blocks of halloumi
Vegetable oil, for frying
Fresh coriander or mint, chopped
- In a small bowl, stir together all of the ingredients for the honey harissa drizzle. Set aside for serving.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl and add the oregano, paprika, turmeric and some black pepper.
- Cut each block of halloumi into eight fat fingers, then toss to coat in the flour.
- Pour enough oil into a large pan to cover the base, and heat over a medium-high heat.
- Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, fry the halloumi fingers for 1-2 minutes per side until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Place the fried halloumi on a serving platter and drizzle over some of the honey harissa mixture, serving any extra on the side. Scatter the halloumi with a little chopped fresh coriander or mint, if desired.
144kcals, 10.5g fat (6.6g saturated), 4.4g carbs (1.5g sugars), 8.5g protein, 0.1g fibre, 0.347g sodium