6 smoked streaky bacon rashers
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp plain flour
½ tsp smoked paprika
Salt and black pepper
2 green tomatoes, sliced into 1cm slices (or use red if you can’t find green)
4 slices good-quality bread, lightly toasted
Handful of mixed leaves
For the remoulade:
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
½ tbsp sweet paprika
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
½ tsp prepared horseradish
1 tsp juice from a jar of pickles
½ tsp Tabasco hot sauce
1 garlic clove, crushed
- Whisk all of the ingredients for the remoulade together in a bowl. Set aside in the fridge until needed.
- Heat a large pan over a medium-low heat and add the bacon. Cook for 4-5 minutes until crispy. Remove to a plate lined with kitchen paper, reserving the fat in the pan.
- While the bacon is frying, place the eggs in one bowl. In another bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, flour, paprika and some salt and black pepper.
- Return the pan with the bacon fat to a medium heat.
- Dredge each tomato slice in the beaten egg and then coat it in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the crumbs on gently.
- Fry the tomato slices in the bacon fat for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown, then transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper. Repeat with all the remaining slices.
- To assemble your BLT, spread the remoulade over the slices of toast and top with the lettuce, fried green tomatoes and rashers.
Per Serving 709kcals, 32g fat (7.8g saturated), 75.8g carbs, 11g sugars, 30.3g protein, 6.5g fibre, 1.769g sodium