Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the cauliflower for two minutes, then drain. Immediately transfer to a bowl of iced water to prevent it from cooking further.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Little by little, add the warm milk, stirring continously. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Stir in the paprika, chives and Dijon mustard.
- One small handful at a time, add the Gruyère, goat’s cheese and crumbled blue cheese. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/ gas mark 6. Grease a baking dish with butter.
- Drain the cauliflower well and pat dry with kitchen paper. Place in the prepared baking dish, then pour over the cheese sauce. Scatter the Parmesan over the top, followed by the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden and the sauce is bubbling. Allow to stand for 3-4 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 469kcals, 27.4g fat (16.9g saturated), 31.5g carbs (11.7g sugars), 27.6g protein, 6g fibre, 0.749g sodium
ChristmasDinnerEasterMeat-freeSpecial OccasionsHigh-proteinFamily mealsSunday roastDinner partyBudget mealsComfort foodMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Christmas