230g rice flour
80g potato or tapioca flour
½ tsp xanthan gum
1 tbsp sugar
4 tsp gluten-free baking powder
1 tsp salt
60ml vegetable oil
120ml applesauce (or 1 mashed banana)
For the egg replacement:
4½ tbsp water
4½ tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp gluten-free baking powder
For the berry sauce:
250g blueberries and raspberries
3 tbsp caster sugar
½ tsp lemon juice
- Whisk together the ingredients for the egg replacement and set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, then stir in the wet ingredients, including the egg replacement.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and drizzle over a bit of oil. When hot, ladle in small portions to make rounds and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat all of the ingredients for the berry sauce in a small saucepan over a medium-low heat, stirring frequently until the berries burst and the mixture is saucy.
When bubbles appear in the centre, flip over the pancakes and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side until golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes with plenty of warm berry sauce drizzled over.
Per serving: 320kcals, 15.2g fat (3g saturated), 44.1g carbs, 10.2g sugars, 2.7g protein, 2.9g fibre, 0.98g sodium