700g firm fish (monkfish, cod, and salmon) skinned fillets, cut into 2cm chunks
200g Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Whole Milk Natural Live Yogurt
75g tikka masala paste
Pinch of salt
½ red and yellow pepper, cut into 2cm pieces
4 cherry tomatoes
For the pickles:
¼ head red cabbage, thinly sliced
½ cucumber, thinly sliced
½ tsp peppercorns
½ tsp coriander seeds
5 cardamom pods
For the garlic yogurt sauce:
200g of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Whole Milk Natural Live Yogurt
1 small clove garlic, minced
6 mint leaves, finely chopped
1 small bunch of coriander, finely chopped, plus extra for serving
¼ tsp ground cumin
For the garlic flatbreads:
175g of Irish Yogurts Clonakilty Low Fat Greek Style Natural Live Yogurt
250g self-raising flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cumin seeds
50g garlic butter, melted
- Place the yogurt, salt and tikka masala paste into a bowl and mix with a spoon to combine. Add the fish to yogurt mix and cover with cling film. Leave to marinade for two hours in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, make the pickles. Place the vinegar, sugar, water, black peppercorns, cardamom pods and coriander seeds into a small pot and bring it to the boil to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Put the red cabbage in a container and pour over half of the pickle brine. Place the cucumber into a separate container and add the remaining pickle brine. Allow to cool fully for at least an hour.
- Place all the flatbread ingredients (except for the garlic butter) into a mixing bowl and mix together with a spoon. When it begins to come together, then use your hands to shape the dough into a ball.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour and tip out the dough. Knead the dough for a minute or two, until the dough is smooth and comes together. Wrap in cling film and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Dust a work surface and rolling pin with flour, then divide the dough in six equal pieces. Roll each piece into balls. Flatten the dough with your hands, then use a rolling pin to roll each into rounds, each about 3mm thick.
- Heat a heavy pan over a medium high heat and coat with vegetable oil. When hot, turn the heat to low and carefully place the flat bread on the pan. Allow it to cook for 1-2 minutes until . golden brown on the bottom and bubbled up on the top.
- Coat with more oil on top of the flatbread, then flip it over to cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side. When golden, remove from the pan and brush with melted garlic butter. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough and set the bread aside in a warm place until serving.
- To make the garlic sauce, combine all the ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside or refrigerate until needed.
- If using wooden skewers, pre-soak them in cold water for 30 minutes to stop them from burning when cooking. Thread fish and peppers one at a time onto the skewers. Finish with a cherry tomato.
- Pre-heat a grill on high until very hot. Place the tikka skewers onto a tray and cook under the grill for five minutes until slightly blacked. Flip the skewers over and repeat on the other side until fully cooked.
- Place the fish tikka skewers onto the warm flatbread. Remove the skewer. Top with some pickles and the garlic sauce and a few sprigs of fresh coriander to serve.
Recipe proudly brought to you by