Salt and black pepper
55g porridge oats
2 tbsp sesame seeds
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
½ tbsp vegetable oil
600g cod fillets, cut into 12 strips
To serve with:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. Line a large baking tray with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg with some seasoning.
- In a second shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, oats, sesame seeds, lemon zest and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pat the cod strips dry and dip in the egg, then the oat mixture. Turn until well coated, gently pressing the mixture on with your fingertips. Transfer to the prepared tray, spacing the strips slightly apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes, turning halfway, until the fish is cooked through and is crisp and golden.
- Serve with chips and tartare sauce.
Per serving: 290kcals, 7.4g fat (1.2g saturated), 14.2g carbs (0.6g sugars), 40.4g protein, 2.2g fibre, 0.2g sodium