450g firm white fish
3 tbsp plain flour
1 large egg, beaten
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp sunflower oil
Tartare sauce or ketchup
- Cut the fish fillets across their width into thick, finger-like strips, about 2cm wide.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour with some salt and pepper. Put the egg in a separate bowl. Add the breadcrumbs to a third bowl or on a plate. Toss the fish in the flour mixture.
- Dip each piece first in the beaten egg.
- Coat the fish in the breadcrumbs, pressing on to cover.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake the goujons for 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Brush with the melted butter and return to the oven for a further five minutes until golden and crispy. Serve immediately with chips, peas and tartare sauce or ketchup.
Per serving: 268kcals, 10.4g (1.6g saturated), 19g carbs (1.4g sugars), 24.3g protein, 1.1g fibre, 0.315g sodium