Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the flatbreads:
For the falafels:
- In a bowl, combine the flour, water, oil and salt and mix until no dry flour remains. Set aside for 15 minutes, then knead lightly to bring it together into a smooth dough.
- Divide into 6-10 small balls. (The size of these depends on the pan you will be cooking them on; you may need to test one first. You want each one to be roughly the same size as the pan you use.) Dust the counter with some flour and roll out each portion of dough until quite thin.
- Heat a pan over a medium-high heat until very hot and add a small amount of oil. One at a time, cook each piece of dough for 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with a cloth to keep warm until ready to serve. Repeat with the remaining flatbread dough.
- For the falafels, place the chickpeas in a food processor along with the onion, garlic, parsley, cumin, coriander, harissa paste, egg, flour and half a teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Whizz until fairly smooth, then shape into bite-sized balls with your hands.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and fry the falafels for three minutes per side until lightly golden. Serve with the flatbreads and your favourite salad toppings.
Per serving: 368kcals, 11.9g fat (2.2g saturated), 54.7g carbs (1.6g sugars), 10.2g protein, 3.9g fibre, 0.069g sodium
Popular in Meat-free
Veggie-packed fried rice