Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the enchilada sauce:
For the courgette boats:
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat and cook the garlic for 30 seconds. Add the chilli, chilli powder and cumin and stir for 30 seconds. Add the passata, chicken stock and some seasoning and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes, then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6 and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Halve the courgettes lengthwise and use a small spoon to scoop out the flesh, leaving about half a centimetre in thickness around the edge. Chop the scooped-out flesh into small chunks and set aside.
- Blanch the courgette halves in the boiling water for one minute, then remove.
- In a large pan, heat the oil over a medium-low heat and cook the onion, garlic and green pepper for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée and cook for 30 seconds, then add the chopped courgette and coriander. Season and cook for five minutes. Add the cumin, oregano and stock and cook for two minutes, then add the chicken. Cooking, stirring, for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Spoon four tablespoons of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a large baking dish. Place the courgette halves on top, cut side up. Using a spoon, fill each hollowed courgette with chicken mixture, pressing firmly.
- Top the courgettes with the remaining sauce and scatter with grated cheese. Cover loosely with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the courgettes are cooked throughout. Serve with chopped spring onions, coriander and sour cream.
Per serving: 275kcals, 11.1g fat (2.8g saturated), 20.2g carbs, 9.9g sugars, 26g protein, 4.1g fibre, 0.398g sodium
ChickenDinner30-minute mealsLow-fatHigh-proteinLeftoversMexicanFamily mealsCuisinesQuick and easyBudget mealsMake it Healthy
Popular in Chicken
Roast chicken Caesar salad with new potatoes