2 cups sugar
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups desiccated coconut
2 cups plain flour
1 beaten egg
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
2 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons boiling water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/ gas mark 4.
- Melt the butter, maple syrup, bicarbonate of soda and water together.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Before adding the butter mixture, add the vanilla. Then mix everything together and add the egg.
- Put the mixture in an oiled baking pan that is at least 5cm deep and 30cm x 25cm. Press it to the bottom using a spoon or a measuring cup.
- Bake in the oven for 35 – 45 mins (until it’s golden brown).
- Let it cool down and cut it into squares or rectangle fingers.