450g pork tenderloin
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp sesame oil
6 garlic cloves, crushed
1 x 4cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
2 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1.2l chicken or vegetable stock
4 nests of dried egg noodles
Sriracha hot sauce
Spring onions, sliced
Fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
Red chillies, sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Season the pork with salt and black pepper. Bake for 25 minutes or until completely cooked throughout. Transfer to a chopping board and tent loosely with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes, then slice.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in the soy sauce and rice wine vinegar and cook for one more minute. Add the stock, bring to a simmer and cook for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the eggs into a small pot of cold water and place over a high heat. Once it has reached a rolling boil, remove the pot from the heat. Cover with a lid and leave the eggs in the hot water for five minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the pot and place in a bowl of iced water for five minutes. Carefully peel the eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- Add the noodles to the stock mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes or according to package instructions. Add sriracha hot sauce to taste.
- Divide the broth between four large bowls. Add the noodles and sliced pork. Top each bowl with an egg, sliced spring onions, a sprinkle of sesame seeds and some coriander and chilli slices if desired. Serve immediately with lime wedges for squeezing over.
Per Serving: 671kcals, 19g fat (4.5g saturated), 52.9g carbs, 1.8g sugars, 66.4g protein, 1.5g fibre, 0.742g sodium
Bring this ramen to the next level by using homemade stock.