Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the chicken:
For the Asian slaw:
For the dressing:
- Soak the chicken breasts in the buttermilk with a pinch of salt and pepper, mix well, cover, and allow to soak for four hours or overnight in the fridge if there’s time.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Add the cornflakes to a sealable bag, seal it and with a rolling pin crush the cornflakes to a breadcrumb texture. Add the flour and spices, reseal the bag and shake until combined. Empty onto a large plate or shallow bowl in an even layer.
- Remove the chicken from the milk and toss in the cornflake coating, coating the chicken all over.
- Add in an even layer to a large parchment-lined baking tray. Drizzle the coated chicken with the olive oil and bake for 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, turning the chicken after 17 minutes.
- To make the Asian slaw, add all the slaw ingredients to a large bowl and mix well. In a separate bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients together, stir into the slaw, mix and coat.
- Serve the slaw with the fried chicken and your favourite cold beverage.
Per serving: 493kcals, 22.1g fat (4.4g saturated), 40.7g carbs, 18g sugars, 31.6g protein, 3.7g fibre, 0.506g sodium
Popular in Chicken
Chicken taco pizzas