120g uncooked quinoa
1½ tbsp olive oil
260g broccoli, chopped into small florets
1 small onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
170g Cheddar or Gruyère, grated
20g butter, plus extra for greasing
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
Zest of ½ lemon
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Add the broccoli and onion and cook for 10 minutes until the onions are golden brown. Add two of the crushed garlic cloves and some salt and pepper and cook for another minute. Stir in the quinoa and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4 and lightly grease a baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, mustard and some seasoning. Stir in the cheese, then carefully pour this into the broccoli and quinoa mixture and stir gently to combine. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium heat. Add the remaining garlic along with the breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon zest and a pinch of salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown, then sprinkle over the top of the casserole. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Per serving: 268kcals, 12g fat (4.4g saturated), 25.4g carbs, 4.2g sugars, 15.6g protein, 3.2g fibre, 0.372g sodium