For the brownies:
250g Avonmore butter
250g dark chocolate, broken into squares
2tsp vanilla extract
220g salted caramel sauce
1tsp sea salt
300g caster sugar
100g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
100g of chocolate mini eggs
Avonmore Freshly Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4. Butter a 20x24m square baking tin and line with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, stir the caramel and sea salt together and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs and 20g of the caramel.
- Pour the melted chocolate mix into the eggs and fold in.
- Fold in the flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour half of the brownie mix into the prepared tray. Spoon on half of the caramelmix on top. Pour on the remaining brownie mix and gently spread over top.
- Drizzle the remaining caramel over the top and swirl through with a skewer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and add some whole and crushed mini eggs on top. Bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until set on top, it should still have a slight wobble. Leave to cool before slicing.
- Serve with Avonmore freshly whipped cream and an extra drizzle of caramel sauce.
This recipe is proudly brought to you by